Post doctoral Contract in Dynamic Control, DyCon Project
The European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grant “DyCon – DynamicControl”, coordinated by Enrique Zuazua, aims to develop a multifold research agenda in the broad area of Control of Partial Differential Equations (PDE) and their numerical approximation methods to contribute with new key theoretical methods and results and computational software.
The Chair of Computational Mathematics led by E. Zuazua of the DeustoTech Research Center in Bilbao (Basque Country, Spain) offers a postdoctoral position to carry out mathematical and computational research, with excellent facilities within a world-wide academic and industrial-technological network. The duration of the contract is of 12 months, with a possible extension to one more year.
The chosen postdoc researcher will carry out mathematical and/or computational research on some of the main scientific priorities of DYCON in a multidisciplinary and international environment. The duration of the contract is of 12 months, with a possible extension to one more year. This position is funded by the European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grant “DYCON – Dynamic Control”.
This project identifies six key topics:
- Control of parameter dependent problems
- Long finite time horizon control
- Control under constraints
- Inverse design of time-irreversible models
- Memory models and hybrid PDE/ODE models
- The links between finite and infinite-dimensional dynamical systems and gathering all contributions develops a Computational Software platform
Mathematics - Computational mathematics – Control theory – Scientific Computing
Starting date is February, 2019 or earlier, if possible. The annual gross salary will be 29.500,00 € and local tax regulations will be applied on this amount. The contract includes Spanish Social Security and healthcare public plans.
- Required Education Level:
- Mathematics: PhD or equivalent.
- Computer Science: Bachelor Degree or equivalent.
- PhD Thesis in Mathematics, Physics, Informatics, Engineering or closely related areas, with emphasis on Partial Differential Equations, Control theory, Numerical Analysis and/or Scientific Computing
- Able to work in a highly motivated environment
- Strong team working & communication skills
- Good written English skills
- Driven, independent personality
Please contact email@example.com for additional information.
Applicants should directly write to the Principal Investigator (PI) of DyCon, Professor Enrique Zuazua, through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following documents in PDF format:
First call ends the 14th March 2019. Deustotech Laboratory at the University of Deusto in Bilbao (Spain) reserves the right for justified reasons to leave the positions open, to extend the application period and to consider candidates who have not submitted applications during the application period.