Post-doctoral fellowships in calculus of variations and partial differential equations
The successful candidates will work in a project on “Topological singularities of Sobolev maps between manifolds”, under the supervision of Professor Jean Van Schaftingen and in collaboration with the team members.
The duration of the position can go up to twelve months with a monthly net salary between 2 237 € and 2 400 €, depending on experience. The starting date should preferably be during the first semester of 2017.
- Have a research experience in nonlinear analysis, partial differential equations,
- Have a working knowledge in English,
- Satisfy the international post-doctoral researcher administrative definition: hold a doctoral degree since less than 6 years at the time of hiring and not have been either a resident, a worker or a student in Belgium for more than 24 months out of the 36 months preceding hiring.
The application consists of
- A cover letter, precising the desired hiring dates and the contact information of three references that might be contacted about the application.
- A curriculum vitæ.
- A research statement describing the research interests, achievements and objectives of the candidate.
Doctoral thesis, publications and preprints should preferably be available for download on a website or on a publication repository.
The application should be submitted in a single pdf file, sent by email to Jean.VanSchaftingen@uclouvain.be, with subject “PostDoc2017 application”. The selection of the candidates will begin on Wednesday January 25, 2017; applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Questions and inquiries should be sent to by email to Jean.VanSchaftingen@uclouvain.be with subject “PostDoc2017 inquiry”. Questions about the opportunity and the quality of a particular potential application will not be answered; these potential candidates are invited to apply.