Postdoc in Algebra
In the Department of Mathematics, Ghent University, a postdoctoral position will be available, for a time period of three years.
a full time postdoctoral position in the Department of Mathematics (tel.:09/264.49.11) – salary at 100%: min. € 29 069,73 – max. € 45 317,25 (currently paid at 160,84%)
Profile of the candidate
- holds a Ph.D. degree in Mathematics based on a doctoral dissertation (the Ph.D. Diploma must have been awarded before the date of appointment to the position);
- conducts research activities in Algebra;
- has relevant scientific publications in national and international journals that are widely distributed and that apply a peer review procedure to the submitted manuscripts;
- has actively participated in national and international scientific meetings that are relevant to the field of study;
- should dispose of adequate didactic and communicative skills;
- communications or oral presentations at scientific meetings and sojourns for study purposes in foreign countries serve as an additional recommendation;
- experience with guidance of practical exercises and master theses serve as an additional recommendation.
Content of the position
- carry out scientific research in the research unit “Algebra” (at least 70 % of the time has to be devoted to scientific research);
- contribute to the academic education activities of the host department;
- contribute to the supervision of master theses and doctoral students;
- elaborate and write applications and reports of research projects;
- supervise and support scientific projects;
- contribute to the services provided by the host department.
Taking effect on October 1, 2013.
*** *** ***
Applications must be sent by email to email@example.com, including an application letter, a CV, proof of suitability (e.g. copies of the applicant’s diplomas), a description of the current research and a research project plan (that description and the project plan together at most 3 pages), no later than March 15, 2013. Each candidate will receive an e-mail to acknowledge receipt of the application.