Postdoc in applied mathematics or theoretical physics
We are delighted to offer a postdoctoral positions in the field of the interaction of x-ray radiation with matter, with the goal of developing new strategies for combining coherent x-ray diffraction and x-ray spectroscopy in a unified approach. The offered theoretical, computational project will be at the boundary of physics, chemistry and applied mathematics.
- • Developing unified representation of elastic x-ray scattering and x-ray emission spectroscopy based on an appropriate electronic orbital representation
- • Developing theoretical methods and numerical algorithms to solve for the direct inversion of the x-ray diffraction data under the constraints, given by x-ray emission spectra
- • Generating high resolution electron-density maps and x-ray emission spectra by usage of state-of-the-art quantum chemistry codes
- • Testing different algorithms on numerically generated diffraction and spectral data
- •Proof of concept on experimental data
• University degree in a relevant subject and PhD in physics, physical or theoretical chemistry, or applied mathematics
• Background in theoretical atomic, molecular and optical physics, quantum chemistry, theoretical x-ray crystallography, applied mathematics or
• Experience in one or several of the following areas is highly desirable: numerical physics, development of quantum chemistry codes, theoreti-
cal x-ray spectroscopy, electronic structure calculations, theoretical x-ray crystallography, inverse problems, nonlinear optimization
• Strong record and interest in programming and code development in C++, C or Python is expected
• Excellent command of spoken and written English
Detailed job discritpion: http://www.desy.de/v2/docs/1537780889-e.pdf
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Nina Rohringer, phone:
+49 40 8998-6258 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.