There is an opening for a postdoc position in the number theory group at the University of Basel. The position is supported by the Swiss National Science Foundation grant "Diophantine Equations: Special Points, Integrality, and Beyond" (Nr. 200020_184623) on which the applicant is expected to work. The initial duration is 2 years with the possibility of an extension. The total duration is also subject to regulations imposed by the funding agency. The position involves teaching, which can be in English in the beginning.
- Prefered starting date: October 1st, 2019
- Requirements: doctoral degree in mathematics with a strong background in number theory and preferably knowledge in algebraic geometry. Highly motivated and interested in pursuing a research career in pure mathematics.
- Keywords: diophantine and arithmetic geometry, height functions, moduli spaces, unlikely intersections
- Deadline for applications: May 31st, 2019
Applicants who expect to finish their Ph.D. in Mathematics in the coming months are also invited to apply. Applicants are asked to submit
- a CV including a list of publications,
- Ph.D. thesis or a summary thereof,
- and the names and email addresses of two potential referees
directly to Philipp Habegger by email.