Postdoc Position Pure Mathematics
The Mathematical Institute at the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen is inviting applications for the position of a
Research Assistant (all genders welcome)
starting October 1, 2019, for a fixed term of 2 years, with a salary according to pay scale level E13 TV-L.
- University teaching as defined in Section 31 of the Higher Education Act of Lower Saxony (NHG)
- Mathematical research in one of the research areas represented at the mathematical institute
- Master Degree and PhD/doctoral degree in mathematics or physics,
- Research focus with an analytical profile in one of the areas number theory, geometry, non-commutative geometry, topology, analysis of partial differential equations, mathematical physics,
- Language proficiency in English or German,
- Teaching experience is desirable,
- Scientific publication experience is desirable,
- We expect willingness to cooperate in joint scientific projects.
The post is designed to promote early career researchers and it is possible to obtain a Habilitation. The position is suitable for part-time employment.
The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women in fields in which they are underrepresented. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply. The university is committed to be family-friendly and supports its employees in balancing work and family life. The mission of the University is to employ a greater number of severely handicapped persons. Applications from severely handicapped persons with equivalent qualifications will be given preference.
Please upload your application with the usual documents until May 31, 2019 at the Online-Application Portal https://lotus2.gwdg.de/uni/uzdv/perso/knr_100541.nsf. For further information, you can contact the director of the institute, Prof. Dr. Ingo Witt, e-mail: email@example.com.