Postdoctoral Fellowship in Combinatorial and algebraic structures
The Center of Advanced Applied Sciences of the Czech Technical University in Prague announces a postdoctoral position in mathematics in the research team Combinatorial and algebraic structures.
The position is for one year, starting on April 1st, 2019 (the precise date is negotiable), with the possibility of extension to a second year upon mutual agreement. The gross salary is approximately 45 000 CZK monthly before tax. There are no teaching duties associated with the position.
Applicants should have a PhD in mathematics, mathematical physics or theoretical computer science (or equivalent) obtained preferably after January 1, 2014. They must show strong research potential in at least one of the following fields:
- algebraic number theory and its application in nonstandard numeration systems
- combinatorics on words and symbolic dynamical systems
- structure theory of Lie algebras, their representations and applications to integrable systems.
An experience in the project topic area is an advantage but not necessary. The applications including
1. curriculum vitae (including list of publications);
2. brief research statement (past, current and future interests);
3. two letters of recommendation;
should be sent by e-mail to Edita Pelantová (email@example.com) and Libor Šnobl (Libor.Snobl@fjfi.cvut.cz). All documents should be submitted as pdf files. The letters of recommendation should be sent directly by the persons providing the reference. Complete application packages should be delivered before February 15, 2019; applications submitted later will be taken into consideration only if no suitable candidate is found among the candidates applying in due time.
For any further information about the position please contact Edita Pelantová and Libor Šnobl at the e-mail addresses above.
Given in Prague, December 20, 2018