Postdoctoral Research Position in Dynamical Systems
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position in Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems within the project Non Uniform Hyperbolicity in Global Dynamics of Sylvain Crovisier funded by the ERC.
- Beginning: 1st september 2020
- Length: 12 months
- Location: Laboratoire de Mathématiques d’Orsay, Université Paris-Saclay, France
- Teaching: no teaching load
- Income: the salary is about 2 100 euros per month
Research: this postdoctoral position is funded by the ERC project Non Uniform Hyperbolicity in Global Dynamics. This project studies the qualitative, symbolic and probabilistic aspects of the dynamics of differentiable dynamical systems (diffeomorphisms or flows). It focuses in particular to:
* partial hyperbolicity and various notions of non-uniform hyperbolicity,
* symbolic dynamics and ergodic theory of differentiable systems,
* perturbative techniques and genericity.
The research project of the candidate should be related to one of the main tasks of this project.
Application: the candidate should sent an e-mail to Sylvain Crovisier with subject [Postdoc NUHGD] YOUR_NAME YOUR_SURNAME by 3rd July 2020. The email should include a CV (including a list of publications), a short description of past research and a research plan. Complete articles should not be attached to the email, but links to Arxiv or a web page are very welcome. Recommendation letters should be sent directly by the reference using an email with the same subject as the candidate.
Deadline: 3rd July 2020 at 24:00 (Paris-time).