Postdoctoral Research Positions at Mathematical Center in Akademgorodok
Mathematical Center in Akademgorodok has 10 postdoctoral research fellowships available in Mathematics, Mathematical Physics, Computer Science, and related fields. Fellowships start September 1, 2020 (or later upon mutual agreement). The Fellowship application deadline is April 12, 2020.
- Fellows can join one of the research groups at Novosibirsk State University or Sobolev Institute of Mathematics or pursue independent research in Mathematics, Mathematical Physics, Computers Science, or related fields.
- Fellows will write research papers for respected international peer reviewed journals.
- Postdoctoral fellows may conduct undergraduate and graduate lectures.
The Fellowship offers an initial one-year appointment renewable for up to three years, with a monthly salary up to 120,000 Russian rubles. Housing assistance is provided either in the form of free institution-owned housing or via a fixed housing allowance of 20,000 Russian rubles per month. All successful applicants are provided with partial travel assistance to attend international conferences.
Fellowship Applicant Profile
- PhD within the last five years in Mathematics, Mathematical Physics, Computers Science, or related field;
- Maximum Age: 36
- Research focus in one of these areas:
- Combinatorial algebra,
- Combinatorial optimization and algorithms,
- Mathematical logic and foundations,
- Geometric function theory,
- Sub-Riemannian geometry,
- Artificial intelligence,
- Computer science applications,
- Inference in stochastic processes,
- Language proficiency in English;
- Scientific publication experience;
- A willingness to cooperate in joint scientific projects.
Applicants are invited to join the following research units:
- Algebraic combinatorics and combinatorial algebra: theory and algorithms (1 position; MSC2010 codes: 05C25, 05C50, 05E05, 05E10, 05E15, 05E18, 05E30, 20B25, 20C30)
- Digitalization of mathematical models and intelligent systems for data analysis (1 position, MSC2010 codes: 03B30, 03B45, 03B53, 03C57, 03D05, 03D15, 03D25, 03D28, 03D32, 03D45, 68Q32)
- Multivariate complexity analysis and provably optimal algorithms (2 positions, MSC2010 codes: 68Q15, 68Q17, 68Q25, 68R05, 68R10, 68W10, 68W15, 68W20, 68W25, 68W27, 90B35, 90B80, 90C10, 90C11, 90C27, 90C35, 90C59)
- Optimal control theory (1 position, MSC2010 codes: 53C17, 30Cxx)
- Artificial intelligence (2 positions, MSC2010 codes: 68T05, 68T15, 68T20, 68T27, 68T30, 68T35, 68T37, 68T42, 68T50, 68Q15, 68Q17, 68Q25, 68Q87, 97R50, 03B35, 03B42, 03B45, 03B48, 03B65, 03B70, 62M02, 62M05, 62M07, 62M09, 62M10, 62M20, 62M40, 62M45, 62M86)
- Other (up to 3 positions, for independent researchers)
Your CV, CL, research statement, and two letters of recommendation can be submitted with an online application form.