Postdoctoral researcher in Mathematics
Department of Mathematics, University of Zagreb, invites applications for one Postdoctoral research position within the project Microlocal defect tools in partial differential equations, a research grant funded by Croatian Science Foundation. More details about the project can be found on the web page http://riemann.math.hr/mitpde/.
Starting date: Negotiable, starting on 1 June 2019 or later.
Duration of the contract: from 3 months to one year.
Duties: The candidate would work in one of the following three areas of research, depending on the interest and the applicant's background:
- Development of microlocal defect tools and their applications in PDEs
- Friedrichs (linear symmetric) systems of PDEs
- Analytical and numerical studies of conservation laws
More about each topic can be found on the project web page, as well as the web page of the previous CSF grant Weak convergence methods and applications, where the list of all relevant recent publications is available.
Eligibility: Applicants must have a Ph.D. in a relevant discipline, proven ability to perform collaborative research and experience of publishing in high-quality journals. Good knowledge in functional analysis and theory of partial differential equations is essential. Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is mandatory.
Application: In order to apply, applicants need to submit the following documents (in PDF format) to maerceg (at) math.hr (Marko Erceg):
- an application letter in which applicants describe their research interests in relation to the advertised postdoctoral position,
- curriculum vitae (with a detailed research record and the list of publications),
- letters of recommendation or the contact details of at least two references.
All questions concerning the PostDoc position should be directly addressed to maerceg (at) math.hr.