Postdoctoral researcher in Mathematics
Department of Mathematics, University of Zagreb, invites applications for one postdoctoral research position within the project Discontinuous Markov processes and non-local operators, a research grant funded by Croatian Science Foundation. More details about the project can be found on the web page https://web.math.pmf.unizg.hr/dispnolo/?Home
Starting date: October 1, 2020.
Duration of the contract: Two years
Duties: The candidate would work in one of the following two areas of research, depending on the interest and the applicant's background:
· Potential theory of jump procecess
· Semilinear equations for non-local operators
More about each topic can be found on the project web page where the list of all relevant recent publications is available.
Eligibility: Applicants must have a Ph.D. in a relevant discipline, proven ability to perform collaborative research and experience of publishing in high-quality journals. Good knowledge in probability theory, potential theory and theory of partial differential equations is essential. Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is mandatory.
Application: In order to apply, applicants need to submit the following documents (in PDF format) to vondra (at) math.hr (Zoran Vondraček):
· an application letter in which applicants describe their research interests in relation to the advertised postdoctoral position,
· curriculum vitae (with a detailed research record and the list of publications),
· letters of recommendation or the contact details of at least two references.
All questions concerning the PostDoc position should be directly addressed to vondra (at) math.hr.