University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Department of Mathematics is inviting applications for the position of (assistant, associate or full) Professor in Mathematics to be filled in academic year 2020/21. The exact starting date is negotiable.
The official announcement is available at https://www.uni-lj.si/news/job_vacancies/2020021810054380/
The following criteria will be used for evaluation of applications:
research excellence; internationally recognised potential to make a future impact;
demonstrated ability to obtain and lead national or international research grants;
demonstrated pedagogical skills, successful supervision of students.
Candidates must have Doctoral Degree (Ph. D.) in Mathematics. Before the contract can be signed the successful candidate will have to obtain the title of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Full Professor in Mathematics at the University of Ljubljana. Details are explained in the official announcement.
The successful candidate who does not speak Slovenian language will have to learn it within three years of employment. The full-time teaching is 6-8 hours per week and the net salary is about 1400-2300 EUR/month depending on the academic title and personal situation regarding taxes. (The average net salary in Slovenia is about 1170 EUR/month.)
Applications should be sent by April 18 2020 to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
The application package must include the following:
1) CV including all relevant qualifications and a full list of publications with bibliographical references.
2) A list of most important publications relevant to the evaluation of the application (at most 10 publications).
3) A research proposal for the next few years (maximum 3 pages).
4) Record of successful grant applications.
5) Evidence of teaching excellence.
6) Two recommendation letters that are sent by the letter writer directly to the email address email@example.com