FAU is launching an ambitious project to establish the new ERLANGEN CENTER FOR MATHEMATICS OF DATA (ECMD).
The ECMD is anticipated as a highly visible interdisciplinary research center, an incubator for future collaborative research grants and a hub for the key research priorities of FAU. It will be anchored in the Department of Mathematics, coordinating activities with other groups, Departments and Centers at FAU and in its perimeter, in the broad field of Mathematical and Data Sciences.
With this goal, we aim to integrate a Project Manager so to contribute to define the strategic plan and launch the start-up of the center under the direction of Professor Dr. Enrique Zuazua (Chair Applied Analysis - Alexander von Humboldt Professorship) in collaboration with FAU partners and other collaborating institutions.
Full-time Project Manager (part-time contracts could also be considered) with excellent organizational skills, and interest in R&D project management.
The activities to be developed include:
• Design of institutional structure and procedures.
• Fund raising and support in applications for third party funding.
• Strategic integration into the FAU innovation agenda.
• Coordination with partner institutions.
• Organization of scientific events.
• Dissemination activities and social media.
• Budget management and monitoring.
• HR management.
• General organization.
ECMD will be located in the headquarters in the Department of Mathematics, FAU, Erlangen, South Campus
Department of Mathematics
Cauerstrasse 11 (03.315), 91058 Erlangen, Germany
• Master’s degree. PhD would be an asset.
• Training and experience in R&D project management would be desirable.
• Collaborative and competitive intelligence.
• Languages: professional command of German and English.
• Organizational thinking.
• Team player mentality and service-orientation.
• Self-organized, responsible and highly proactive working style.
• Strong cross-cultural communication skills (written and verbal communication in German and English) to weave, foster and maintain working relationships with different international sectors.
• Results orientation and objective fulfilment.
Immediate incorporation into the organization.
The ECMD will offer a lively research environment, financial support for networking and training, and an intensive supervision within a large and interactive team.
Salary corresponds to the German pay scale E13 (E14 could be considered depending of the candidate’s profile). The appointment is initially limited for a period of two years and can be extended for additional three years, or longer, according to the evolution of the Center.
In its pursuit of academic excellence, FAU is committed to equality of opportunity and to a proactive and inclusive approach, which supports and encourages all under-represented groups, promotes an inclusive culture and values diversity. FAU is a family-friendly employer.
For further information about the position, please contact Professor Dr. Enrique Zuazua.
Please submit your electronic application as a single pdf file including a motivation letter, vita, diplomas and list of potential reference persons, no later than April 30th, 2020 to email@example.com (with a copy to Professor Dr. Enrique Zuazua. Please refer to “Manager-ECMD” in the reference line of the email.