The Mathematical Institute at the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen is inviting applications for the position of a
Research Assistant (all genders welcome)
starting October 1, 2020, for a fixed term of 3 years, with a salary according to pay scale level E13 TV-L.
- Mathematical research within the DFG-funded project “Geometric Chern characters for p-adic equivariant K-theory and K-homology”
- Master Degree and PhD/doctoral degree in mathematics,
- Research focus relevant for the project (topology and K-theory),
- Language proficiency in English,
- Scientific publication experience is desirable,
- We expect willingness to cooperate in joint scientific projects, e.g. the Research Training Group “Fourier analysis and spectral theory”.
The post is designed to promote early career researchers and it is possible to work towards a Habilitation. The position is suitable for part-time employment.
The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in fields in which they are underrepresented. The university has committed itself to being a family-friendly institution and supports their employees in balancing work and family life.The mission of the University is to employ a greater number of severely disabled persons. Applications from severely disabled persons with equivalent qualifications will be given preference.
Please upload your application with the usual documents until August 15, 2020 at the Online-Application Portal https://lotus2.gwdg.de/uni/uzdv/perso/knr_100713.nsf. Only in special cases, you may send your application to Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, Mathematisches Institut, Bunsenstraße 3-5, 37073 Göttingen, e-mail: email@example.com. For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr. Thomas Schick, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
With submission of your application, you accept the processing of your applicant data in terms of data-protection law. Further information on the legal basis and data usage is provided in the Hinweisblatt zur Datenschutzgrundverordnung (DSGVO) https://www.uni-goettingen.de/hinweisdsgvo