Tenure track assistant professor in Mathematics
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto University has six schools with nearly 11 000 students and nearly 400 professors. Our campus is located in Espoo, Finland.
The Department of Mathematics and Systems Analysis https://math.aalto.fi/en/ at the School of Science of Aalto University invites applications for a tenure track position at the Assistant Professor level. The main research areas of the department are:
- Algebra and discrete mathematics,
- Analysis and nonlinear partial differential equations,
- Numerical analysis and mechanics,
- Stochastics and statistics,
- Systems and operations research.
Applications in all areas of mathematics are welcomed, with algebra and discrete mathematics highlighted.
Applicants should demonstrate excellent research potential and ability to teach. As the department is committed to fostering an inclusive environment with a diverse faculty body, applications from members of groups that have been underrepresented in mathematics are particularly sought. The position has a competitive salary and starting package, and the contract also includes occupational health benefits. The starting date for the position is negotiable.
How to apply
Address your application to the Dean of the School of Science and submit it electronically at https://www.aalto.fi/en/open-positions/tenure-track-assistant-professor-in-mathematics. Applications will close on 31 March 2020 at 23:59 EET (UTC+2). The application material must be in English and must include the following documents as a single file in PDF format (‘lastname_firstname_application.pdf’):
- cover letter including a summary of merits and most important achievements,
- curriculum vitae (recommended length at most two pages),
- research statement (recommended length at most four pages),
- teaching statement (recommended length at most two pages),
- names, positions, affiliation(s) and e-mail addresses of four references,
- list of publications with a maximum of five most important publications clearly highlighted.
Shortlisted candidates may be asked to supplement their applications with a more detailed teaching portfolio. Aalto University reserves the right to use external reviewers to support the evaluation of applicants during the recruitment process. Aalto University also reserves the right to consider candidates who have not submitted applications, to reopen the call after the initial deadline, or to leave the position open.
For additional information, please contact Professor Nuutti Hyvönen, or in questions related to the recruitment process HR Coordinator Johanna Glader, tel. +358 50 411 7666. E-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the whole announcement and apply at https://www.aalto.fi/en/open-positions/tenure-track-assistant-professor-in-mathematics.