Tenure track position in Statistics (Big Data)
The successful candidate will be expected to
• recruit and supervise graduate students,
• engage in a productive research program,
• apply for funding from the major granting bodies,
• teach in French undergraduate and graduate Statistics courses (including large class service courses),
• contribute to the management and promotion of departmental programs,
• and more generally contribute to the development and day-to-day functioning of the Department.
• have obtained a PhD degree in Statistics, or an equivalent qualification, or hold a PhD in a neighboring area with a strong expertise in Statistics,
• be able to propose an independent research program, on topics among others at the interface of statistics, machine learning and/or data science, for which the candidate could rapidly obtain adequate funding,
• demonstrate the potential to recruit and supervise graduate students in Statistics,
• demonstrate the capacity and interest to teach and maintain statistics courses, at the undergraduate and graduate levels, including large class service courses,
• demonstrate excellent pedagogical abilities to teach and create statistical courses for statistics students, as well as students in other programs,
• be able to teach in French or be able to do so within a year.