Three associate professorships with tenure positions
Three associate professorships with tenure positions.
One of them is intended to contribute to the international diversity of the faculty.
(The candidate should be able to give courses in Japanese or in English, and should be able to give courses in Japanese within a few years.)
Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences
1. Application form.
(The application form is available for https://www.math.nagoya-u.ac.jp/en/job/2018/faculty-1.html )
2. Curriculum Vitae which include the following information:
name, date of birth, current affiliation and title of position (with the expiration date, if applicable), year and source of Ph.D., educational history and professional experience, address, phone, and Email address.
3. List of publications.
4. Brief description of selected publications.
5. Research plan.
(Please describe what you would like to accomplish during the next several years together with its importance and background.)
6. Teaching experience and the statement of the candidate’s policy about teaching.
7. Names and contact information of three references who know your work and letters of recommendation written by them.
(The letters are not mandatory if references are residents of Japan.)
8. Copies of selected publications.
Deadline for Application:
September 28, 2018
(Application material must be received by this day.)
Date of Appointment:
As soon as possible after January 1, 2019.
All application material should be sent to the Search Committee by Email (as a PDF attachment) to
July 25, 2018
ap-search-2018-a (at) math.nagoya-u.ac.jp ,
or by post to the following address:
Associate Professor Search Committee
Graduate School of Mathematics, Nagoya University,
Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8602, Japan
The letters of recommendation may be sent from references directly to the Search Committee.
In that case, they may be faxed to +81-52-789-5397, or sent by Email, as a PDF attachment and with the subject “recommendation letter for (applicant’s name)”, to
ap-search-2018-a (at) math.nagoya-u.ac.jp .
The letters must be received by the deadline.
1. The application material except for copies of publications should be printed on letter- size (or A4 size) paper. Use one side of sheet only.
2. The application material will not be returned to the applicant, but will be disposed of in an appropriate way as soon as the screening process is over.
3. Nagoya University promotes equal employment opportunity for female researchers. Please refer to
Positive Action for Increasing Female Faculty Numbers (http://en.nagoya-u.ac.jp/about_nu/declaration/positive/)
Inquiries should be addressed to:
ap-search-2018-a (at) math.nagoya-u.ac.jp