The Vienna School of Mathematics (VSM) announces PhD positions in the following mathematical fields:
- Algebra and Representation Theory
- Analysis and PDE
- Discrete and Differential Geometry
- Mathematical Modelling
- Number Theory
- Optimization and Optimal Control
The detailed descriptions of the open PhD positions and the links to the respective application portals are available at: www.vsmath.at/application
Deadline for application is October 20, 2020.
The Vienna School of Mathematics (VSM)
- is a joint graduate school of the mathematics faculties of the University of Vienna and the TU Wien;
- is devoted to top-level PhD education in all branches of mathematics;
- fosters intra- and interdisciplinary scientific cooperation and networking among students and advisors and aims at increasing the international visibility of the Vienna area as a center for mathematics.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.