Call for proposals for scientific activities in 2020
The EMS Meetings Committee calls for nominations or proposals of speakers and scientific events in 2020.
The Executive Committee of the EMS, via its Meetings Committee, is willing to provide support that may cover the cost of the EMS Lecturers and of Distinguished Speakers, and to give partial support to the organization of EMS Weekends and of EMS Summer Schools of high scientific quality and relevance.
Only a limited number of events can be supported.
The EMS is committed to increasing the participation of women in research in mathematics and its applications. Efforts towards giving place to mathematicians of both genders and towards integrating early career mathematicians will be particularly appreciated.
Events within Europe and speakers with profound relations to European academic institutions will be given preference.
Proposers should activate the corresponding link in the list below and fill out a nomination form before September 30, 2019.
- EMS Lecturer
- EMS Distinguished Speaker
- EMS Joint Mathematical Weekend
- Special Activities
- Activities endorsed by the EMS
- EMS Summer Schools in Mathematics
The Applied Mathematics Committee (AMC) calls for applications for EMS SCHOOLS IN APPLIED MATHEMATICS (ESSAM).
If you want to create such a series or you are in charge of an existing one and you want to become part of the ESSAM schools, please send a message to Stéphane Cordier, email@example.com.
Call for Nominations for Prizes to be awarded at ECM2020
- Call for Nominations of Candidates for ten EMS Prizes, deadline November 1, 2019.
- Call for Nominations of Candidates for The Felix Klein Prize, deadline December 31, 2019.
- Call for Nominations of Candidates for The Otto Neugebauer Prize for the History of Mathematics, deadline December 31, 2019.