The IMU seeks nominations for the following prizes to be awarded at the International Congress of Mathematicians 2018.
Nominations should be sent by December 31, 2016 to the Prize Committee Chairs.
- Fields Medals. Awarded every 4 years on the ICM to recognize outstanding mathematical achievement for existing work and for the promise of future achievement, see award details here. Chair: IMU President Shigefumi Mori.
- Rolf Nevanlinna Prize. Awarded once every 4 years at the ICM, for outstanding contributions in mathematical aspects of information sciences, see award details here. Chair Tony F. Chan.
- Carl Friedrich Gauss Prize. Awarded once every 4 years to honor a scientist whose mathematical research has had an impact outside mathematics – either in technology, in business, or simply in people's everyday lives, see award details here. Chair Björn Engquist.
- Chern Medal. Awarded every 4 years on the occasion of the International Congress of Mathematicians to an individual whose accomplishments warrant the highest level of recognition for outstanding achievements in the field of mathematics, see award details at here. Chair Caroline Series.
- Leelavati Prize, sponsored by Infosys, is intended to accord high recognition and great appreciation of the IMU and Infosys of outstanding contributions for increasing public awareness of mathematics as an intellectual discipline and the crucial role it plays in diverse human endeavors, see award details at here. Chair Gert-Martin Greuel.
- The ICM Emmy Noether Lecture is a special lecture at an ICM which honors women who have made fundamental and sustained contributions to the mathematical sciences, see more details at here. Chair Irene Fonseca.
More information: http://www.mathunion.org/general/prizes
The guidelines for nominations are http://www.mathunion.org/general/prizes/nomination-guidelines/.